Firestorm Friday Stock Picks - 08/07/09

Thursday, August 6, 2009 Leave a Comment

ACTC- It's getting close to the last support point. Let's see if it can stabilize here.

ADVNB - My gut tells me this may have some more running room. I bought some today, but a little uneasy with it.

AXL - I told you a couple days ago this puppy would jump, and it did. A little retracement today, but still has room to run.

BPOP - This one ran as well over the last couple of days. Today we saw some pullback, but this one can still run to over two dollars. I'll not have it on next week's list.

CIT - This one has been very good to me. I should have sold first thing this morning, but against my judgment (and a small measure of greed), I held on. I sold it when I started to see the tanking action, and I knew better, but did it anyway. Rebought it and sold it for less. Still had a tremendous gain, and very thankful. This one has the potential for a swing either way. I'll not touch it right now.

CYBL - Holding this one for awhile.

CTDB - In the last two days, it's ran from .03 to .07.

CIRC- Still up against the .0055 and .006 resistance. I don't know if it can get the momo or not to break .006. I'll not hold it for long.

FNM/FRE - Yes, it finally recovered nicely. from .60 to .98 this morning, and pulled back. may stabilize here for a few days, but news changes this one at the drop of a hat.

CPF - Continued to climb yesterday, with pullback today. This one may be a buy tomorrow. I still think it has juice.

FRGY - I wish I could be technical about this one...But I don't have much to go on. I just like the ADX, the PPO, and the levelness for the last two weeks.

GERS - Watching

GSIG - Has had five consecutive positive days. I don't think it's done yet.

MGLG- Here's food for thought...I had 1m shares open all day at .0007...not one bite. This bothers me.

NXPN- Sometimes I wonder why stocks like this attract me...Nothing particularly strong about it, aside from volume, ADX, MACD, and the support of the Par Sar. Let's see what tomorrow holds.

SGCP- This one surprised me. It has support at the Par Sar, but it's just accumulating.

STSI - I don't like it anymore. No predictable pattern.

WLSI - If you have extra cash to throw away, this one could be one you could get a return on in a couple months. I'm taking it off the list.

WNBD - Accumulating, and holding. Had a surprise dip today, but MMs just shakin the tree for cheaper shares. Targeting .08-.09.

More to watch: BLGM, BCLE.

Switch to TradeKing and get up to $150 in transfer fees reimbursed.

1 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    I bought some ECNG today, even though it's run a little, via the CEO buying 750k shares. The RSI isn't oversold and I'm looking to get out between 7-9.

    Still, I'm uneasy about this play as well....

    Good luck to you.

  • Leave your response!